Ground Safety Courses
- Our Services
- Education & Training
- Ground Safety Courses
Ground Safety and User Courses
Assuring the safety of operations is LifeFlight’s first priority. This is even more critical for an emergency scene call landing zone that needs to be developed on the fly by public safety personnel.
LifeFlight offers a no-cost Ground Safety and Users Course (GSUC) with Maine EMS-approved CME hours. The program is a combination of didactic and hands-on with the LifeFlight teams and aircraft.
The two+ hour program details the following:
- When to call LifeFlight
- How to access the LifeFlight system
- Information needed by LifeFlight
- How to create a safe LZ from scratch
- Communications and coordination
- Patient packaging
- Operating around the helicopter
- Emergency operations for an aircraft incident